“BACKED BY MESSI”
BACKED BY MESSI | First 10 players as part of Team Messi:
2015 was a year that Leo Messi established his position as the greatest player of all time. He won the treble for the second time during his trophy laden career at Barcelona and is now widely expected to pick up the Ballon d’Or for the fifth time. Adidas gave Messi the ultimate compliment by making him the first player to receive his very own boot, the Messi15.
Adidas Football have announced that ten stars of the future, playing in countries across the world have been ‘BACKED’ by Messi to become the first players to be part of Team Messi.
Team Messi is a global fan movement founded by adidas Football to celebrate Leo Messi and his standing as the greatest footballer to ever grace this planet. As part of the ‘BACKED BY MESSI’ campaign, these ten players will update the world on their progress by filming their own content for a series of episodes on the adidas Football YouTube channel.
The ten players recruited to Team Messi are:
- Robert Kenedy (Chelsea FC, Brazilian)
- Maxwell Cornet (Lyon, French)
- Jeremie Boga (Rennes [on loan from Chelsea FC], French)
- Accursio Bentivegna (Como [on loan from Palermo], Italian)
- James Wilson (Manchester United, English)
- Timo Werner (VFB Stuttgart, German)
- Aleksey Miranchuk (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russian)
- Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy, American)
- Marcos Lopes (AS Monaco FC, Portuguese)
- Khiry Shelton (New York City FC, American)
Each up and coming super-star player will wear Messi’s signature boot, the Messi15, in all competitions this season.
The dominance of Team Messi is gathering pace!